Before we engage in WebCam Coaching, I prefer to work with you in person so I can get to know you and get a sense of who you are, what makes you unique, and how you carry yourself. I also think it makes it easier for you to experience in-person the Physical techniques that will make your work come alive with connected energy. I incorporate an integrative, full body approach that takes into account the physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual aspects of character development. Some techniques are just easier to convey in person. You will also get a sense of who I am and how I teach, and it will make it easier for you to invest yourself completely in the process when I am not in the room with you.
After that, distance and time constraints may dictate that WebCam Coaching is necessary. As long as you have Skype and a WebCam or Facetime and Internet access, I can work with you from anywhere in the world! This can come in handy when you are on-location or have a last minute audition. You can have a private, face-to-face video and audio session with personalized coaching.
Below is a step by step approach on how to get started with WebCam coaching through Actor's Craft.
1. Schedule a Webcam Lesson with Maureen at 262/705-0194 or email email@example.com. At that time we can make arrangements to email scripts necessary for our session. WebCam sessions must be paid in advance.
2. Install a WebCam (if you don't already have one set up). The Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, has good reviews, but any high quality WebCam will be fine. Many computers have them built in. You can use your iPad with Facetime, but make sure you can stand it up and be hands-free.
3. Install Skype and email us your username/email and phone number. Skype and Facetime are free download services.*
4. Make sure your computer and camera are set up in a room with good light and room for you to move. Make sure the camera is positioned high enough to take you in if you are standing. Turn off all music, televisions and background distractions. Make sure you are in a room where you feel comfortable speaking in a strong voice and are not worried about people interrupting you.
5. Connect on Skype. At your scheduled time, I will call you at the phone number you provided to us. Then, while you are on the phone, I will initiate our Skype session.
*Practice using Skype or Facetime with your friends to get the hang of it. If we have technical issues during our initial Skype session, we can reschedule at no extra charge.